IASSIST is an international organization of professionals working with information technology and data services to support research and teaching in the social sciences.
300+ Members from a variety of settings
- Non-profit sector
- Private sector
Expertise and Colleagues
- Information specialists
- Data librarians
- Reference librarians
- Technology professionals
- Data archivists
- Annual conference
- Active discussion list
- Committees & action groups
- Topical interest groups
As an organization IASSIST strives to:
- Foster and promote a network of excellence for data service delivery
- Advance infrastructure in the social sciences
- Provide opportunities for collegial exchange of sound professional practices
- Social science researchers and scientists who are producers and users of micro and macro-level social data;
- Information specialists, who preserve social data, manage facilities and provide services that promote the secondary use of social data;
- Methodologists and computing specialists who advance technical methods to manipulate and analyze social data.
- IASSIST members are working together to advocate for responsible data management and use, to build a broader community surrounding research data, and encourage the development of data professionals.
- Read our current strategic plan: Democratizing Data - The IASSIST Strategic Plan 2010-2014.
IASSIST tri-fold brochure (PDF):