IASSIST (International Association for Social Science Information Services and Technology) is an international organization of professionals working with information technology and data services to support research and teaching in the social sciences.
300+ Members from a variety of settings
- Non-profit sector
- Private sector
Expertise and Colleagues
- Information specialists
- Data librarians
- Reference librarians
- Technology professionals
- Data archivists
- Annual conference
- Active discussion list
- Committees & action groups
- Topical interest groups
As an organization IASSIST strives to:
- Foster and promote a network of excellence for data service delivery
- Advance infrastructure in the social sciences
- Provide opportunities for collegial exchange of sound professional practices
- Social science researchers and scientists who are producers and users of micro and macro-level social data;
- Information specialists, who preserve social data, manage facilities and provide services that promote the secondary use of social data;
- Methodologists and computing specialists who advance technical methods to manipulate and analyze social data.
- IASSIST members are working together to advocate for responsible data management and use, to build a broader community surrounding research data, and encourage the development of data professionals.
- Read our most recent strategic plan: Democratizing Data - The IASSIST Strategic Plan 2010-2014.
IASSIST tri-fold brochure (PDF):